Tuesday, August 28, 2007

News Coverage of CastleRock Fire Funny!

Hey all,

Still in Sun Valley, ID, playground of the rich and spoiled. Its amazing this 41,000 acre fire burning near the ski mountain and threatening scores of multi-million dollar homes is getting lots of news coverage. To date it is just 31% contained with now over 1600 firefighters fighting it. Since several A listers own second, third, fourth.... homes here its no surprise that a huge effort is being put in. I wonder if as much effort would go to save poor areas of New Orleans?

Last night the fire was a lead story on Fox New's show with that ahole Sheppard Smith.
Yesterday it was in the LATIMES and today there is a story in the NYTIMES.

As for me I think that I am headed back to L.A. tomorrow assuming that I continue to feel better. I still might move back here assuming it doesn't burn down, but need to go home and get out of the smoke and at least get my stuff. Otherwise New Zealand is tempting.

No comments: