Monday, July 27, 2009

My Review of Gregory Palisade 80 Pack

REI

A classic favorite, the redesigned Gregory Palisade pack features all-angle access and an updated suspension for a week on the trail.

Solid Pack!

Twinedog Los Angeles, CA 7/27/2009

4 5

Gift: No

Pros: Comfortable, Easy To Load, Large Capacity, Highly Adjustable

Cons: No outside mesh storage

Best Uses: Heavy Loads

Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer

What Is Your Gear Style: Minimalist

I have used this backpack now on three multi night trips, most recently in a trip to summit Mount Whitney. It is pretty comfortable for the loads carried 50 pounds or so, and highly adjustable.
It also has lots of space, a place for your trekking poles when you're not using them, and the top converts to a fanny pack.

Personally I wish Gregory would make the top into a backpack for when you summit a peak or take a side trip.

I wish there was a mesh pocket on the outside like on the Lassen's I used to rent. I made do jury rigging some elastic cord with a plastic part that allows me to sinch the cord though. I always want to be able to place wet or moist items on the outside of the pack as I frequently swim while on multi day trips. I also wish that there was a clip for my camelback tube. But it does have holes on both sides so that you can have your drinking tube on either side.

All in all a good bag which can handle anything from weekends to longer treks pretty easily. I don't have the budget for two pack; if I did I would probably get a smaller capacity Gregory for weekend trips and a Whitney for the long treks. But the Palisade is an excellent compromise for the budget minded backpacker. Also I would say get it on sale like I did.

()

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

Anonymous said...

The information were very helpful for me, I've bookmarked this post, Please share more information about this
Thanks