Monday, July 27, 2009

My Review of Open Country 700 Watt Dehydrator

REI

From soups and sauces to fruit rolls and jerky, you can make your own yummy and nutritious trail food with this fast and simple dehydrator.

Great for backpackers!

Twinedog Los Angeles, CA 7/27/2009

4 5

Gift: No

Pros: Easy To Clean, Stable, Durable

Cons: Bulky

Best Uses: Hiking, Backpacking

Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer

What Is Your Gear Style: Minimalist

I finally got a chance to use my dehydrator and test out the results on a recent backpacking trip. This dehydrator does a good job of dehydrating pre-made meals for backpacking. I made spaghetti with Italian sausage and marinara sauce and it dehydrated beautifully. I also dehydrated garlic mashed potatoes and some mangoes. If you are interested in cookbooks I recommend the Backpack Gourmet.

But one serious con is that only one fruit roll up tray is included with this item. Also REI does not sell extra trays, clean a screens or fruit roll up liners. I had to buy them separately online. But a decent deal on sale or with a 20% off coupon.

()

No comments: